Build a UK Presence
Having a .uk domain is important to any business who’s customers are based in the UK. The .uk domain name register has already passed the seven million mark.
The increase in .uk registrations is evidence that British Internet users recognise the value of having a co.uk address. A recent survey of 2,352 Internet users, carried out by Opinion Matters, also shows that 72% of users are more likely to chose a .uk rather than a .com address when looking for information online.
Top tips for choosing a great .uk domain name:
- Choose a name that people will remember and that suits your business. After all, the right domain name will increase visibility, inspire trust and attract customers.
- Choose a name that is memorable and easy to say over the phone
- Try to register names which include brands that you own
- If you are targeting an International audience, think about registering other Top Level Domains (TLDs) like .com, .net and .eu
- Avoid using hyphens if at all possible
Think about possible mis-spellings and whether you should register domains with all the most popular suffixes or you can transfer your existing domains to Fido.Net and manage them all in one place.
If you have any questions, contact our sales team who will help you make the right choice.